DWI Defense Attorney in Manhattan
New York City Driving While Intoxicated Lawyer Representing Clients in Manhattan, and Throughout the Surrounding Areas
Police and prosecutors take so-called “drunk driving laws” very seriously in Manhattan and throughout New York City. They vigorously pursue the arrest and prosecution of DWI suspects. At The Trainor Law Firm, P.C., we defend people accused of driving while intoxicated just as vigorously.
If you have been arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, do not go it alone. You need an experienced DWI defense attorney to protect your rights and guide you through the process.
A Former Prosecutor Now Defending DWI Charges in New York City
Criminal defense attorney Craig Trainor understands the law and the science involved in drunk driving cases. He is a former prosecutor who now puts his experience prosecuting these cases to work on behalf of the accused.
Attorney Craig Trainor has taken these cases to trial and had clients acquitted on all DWI charges. He will help you, whether this is your first DWI arrest or whether you have prior DWI convictions on your record. Contact us online or call our law firm today at 212-300-6557. We offer you a free consultation to discuss the charges you are facing.
The Consequences of a DWI Conviction in New York
After a DWI arrest, it is important to realize that the stakes are high. Being convicted of a DWI offense has serious consequences. Your sentence may include:
- Jail time
- Steep fines
- Driver’s license suspension
- Mandatory drinking and driving education classes that you pay for
- Ignition interlock installation that you pay for
- Court costs
The indirect consequences of a DWI conviction can be equally serious. With a DWI conviction on your record, you may find it more difficult to get a job or rent an apartment. Your car insurance rates may spike. A DWI conviction may put your professional license — and your reputation — at risk. How will you support yourself and your family if you drive for a living or need to drive to work?
It Can Happen to Anyone
At The Trainor Law Firm, P.C., we never judge you. We have represented people from all walks of life who found themselves facing these charges. It is important that you to know that:
- It is not a crime to have a drink and get into a car and drive.
- It is a crime to drive while over the legal limit.
- It can be very difficult to realize when you cross from within the legal limit to over .08 blood alcohol content level.
Do Not Lose Hope
Being arrested and charged with drunk driving is a frightening, humiliating experience. Suddenly you are thrown into a confusing legal system and treated like a hardened criminal. Your future, your finances, and perhaps even your freedom are in jeopardy.
Do not give up. There is hope. DWI defense attorney Craig Trainor can get you through the legal process and minimize the negative consequences of a DWI arrest. For years, he has helped people just like you facing DWI charges. He can help you, too.
Experienced and Effective DWI Defense
Attorney Craig Trainor will listen as you describe the circumstances of your arrest. He will review the police report and other pertinent evidence. He will analyze the facts, looking for the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case. He will pursue the answers to many questions, such as:
- Did the police have probable cause to pull you over?
- Did they follow proper procedure throughout the process?
- Were they properly trained in administering the Intoxilyzer machine that measures blood alcohol content level?
- Was the BAC testing device properly maintained and calibrated?
- Could witnesses counter the officer’s version of events?
- Are there explanations other than intoxication for your appearance or behavior at the time of the arrest? For example, were your eyes red because of allergies or lack of sleep? Did a physical impairment prevent you from passing a field sobriety test?
While defending you against the criminal charges, Craig Trainor will also work to avoid or minimize the impact of a license suspension. It is important to contact our office online or call us directly as soon as possible after you are arrested. To discuss your case, call us at 212-300-6557 today to schedule your free consultation. We defend clients charged with DWI offenses in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and beyond.