Internet Sex Crimes Lawyer in Manhattan
Skilled Internet Sex Crimes Defense Attorney Representing Clients Throughout New York State
If you are charged with an Internet sex crime, your life will change dramatically. Your friends and family may abandon you. You may be fired from your job. Your reputation will be damaged, even if you are eventually acquitted of the charges.
If you are convicted on federal charges, you may face long prison sentences and stiff fines. After your release, you may be required to register as a sex offender, which can make obtaining a job or a place to live very difficult.
Three Ways to Protect Your Future When Charged with Internet Sex Crimes
Your best chance of avoiding this bleak future starts with three simple steps:
- Do not speak to the police or government agents without a lawyer present.
- Hire a federal criminal defense attorney who understands Internet sex crimes defense.
- Do not lose hope.
A skilled federal criminal defense attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Attorney Craig Trainor represents people charged with state and federal internet sex crimes. He will protect your rights, defend you against all state and federal charges, and work to minimize the negative consequences to you.
Federal Internet Sex Offenses
It is important to select a lawyer skilled in federal criminal defense, because nearly any Internet-related sex crime can end up in federal court.
The Trainor Law Firm, P.C., defends clients charged with:
- Possession, distribution or production of child pornography
- Solicitation of a minor online
- Solicitation of a prostitute online
- Child sexual exploitation
- Sex trafficking online
- Traveling across state lines to meet a minor to commit a sex act
- Sex tourism, or traveling out of the country to engage in illegal sex acts or sex with minors
- “Sexting,” sending nude photos via the Internet, email, text, or other application
- Sex crimes involving social media
The use of the Internet or a phone in committing these offenses can also result in federal wire fraud charges.
Defending Your Rights, Fighting for Your Future
Attorney Craig Trainor will listen to your explanation of events. Where required, he will work with forensic experts to identify the evidence and ascertain whether it is admissible in court. If it is not, he will file a motion to suppress the evidence against you. He will examine the facts of the case to determine whether the government violated any of your constitutional rights while investigating or arresting you, or at any other point in the case.
Common defenses against Internet sex crime charges include:
- You did not know the material was on your computer.
- You were entrapped by law enforcement officers posing as minors.
- Your computer corrupted, hacked, or pirated.
Federal criminal defense lawyer Craig Trainor will develop a solid defense strategy tailored specifically to your specific circumstances. To learn how The Trainor Law Firm, P.C., can help, please call 212-300-6557 or contact us online for your free consultation. We represent clients charged with Internet sex crimes in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, and Westchester County.